New Shooter

New Shooter

Postby Jon » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:25 am

Jon

Re: New Shooter

Postby jake » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:31 pm

That is an interesting read with a few different views which can be supported by the rules etc. My first thoughts were the new shooter didn't have much if any practice or drills in our sport. BUT IF HE DID, SHAME ON HIM. From my perspective over the years, it's somewhat hard and slow to get new competitors into this sport. This being said and if this was a "simple error" after the hammar down, it would be hard to give a DQ knowing this may send this newby away and not come back. I personally would have made the same call as the MD but it would have been followed by a one on one sincere talk explaining how the rules were bent in his favor THIS TIME ONLY. This would probably stick better with the newby and probably make him more aware of safe procedures at our matches as well as what our rules dictate. Not to mention he would be somewhat indebted for being forgiven and pay more attention to safe gun handling.

I also think the MD maybe should not have over-ridden the RO's call the way he apparently did. If this was indeed a newby error after the hammar down call, it could have been discussed after that coarse of fire and then maybe mutual agreement for the new guy to get a second chance would be easier for everyone concerned.

My 2 cents...........Jake
jake

Postby DaveGundry » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:32 pm

I'll admit I'm rather lenient when it comes to new shooters, but dropping a gun is damn near inexcusable. In the case at hand, I would probably bend to the wishes of the MD, but like Jake, follow it up with a lecture on the rules and why they are the way they are.
DaveGundry

Postby Daisy221 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:31 am

Hello there! i am Daisy from UK, awesome post :)
Daisy221

Postby MorrisVin » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:40 pm

I agree. Dropping a gun is terrifying. I'd make sure the person who did it realizes what they actually did and what might have happened.
MorrisVin

Return to General Discussion