Orientation and Matches!

Moderator: DanM

Orientation and Matches!

Postby harmonii » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:48 am

Hello all,

We added another New Shooters Orientation on March 7th at 2:00 pm. Anyone from the section is welcome of course. We will also have another New Shooters Orientation on May 2nd.

We will shoot a COF a couple ways.

We will cover the following and more.
- Basic USPSA rules and regulations
- Equipment and gun selection
- Proper gun handling
- Range Safety (#1)

Our Winter Storm Shoot is Saturday March 21st at 10:00 am.
What does MIM stand for, Made in Mexico?
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." -Robert A. Heinlein
harmonii

Postby Chad M » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:06 pm

harmonni, new to all of this and interested, is this orientation what I need? Do we bring anything this Sat? thanks Chad
Chad M

Postby harmonii » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:15 am

Chad M wrote:harmonni, new to all of this and interested, is this orientation what I need? Do we bring anything this Sat? thanks Chad

I think the orientation is a great thing for anyone new to USPSA, no matter what your level of expertise is with firearms.

I would bring a holster and mag pouches, magazines, gun, ammunition, ear and eye protection, (good belt of course). If you are lacking some of these we -may- be able to help, I have a limited number of extras for Glock, 1911, and we could find some for XD.

We also do have a couple 9mm guns people can use if they have nothing, but I would think most people interestied in this game have a firearm. It's not horrible if you do not have all the equipment as we will cover equipment and it may change your mind on what to purchase.

Hope this helps, -Harmon
What does MIM stand for, Made in Mexico?
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." -Robert A. Heinlein
harmonii

Return to Pine Island Practical Shooters