Saturday Sept 6th

Moderator: DanM

Saturday Sept 6th

Postby harmonii » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:53 pm

Yeah, confirmed, thanks, sorry I have not been out here looking.

Ok, some details....

on the club site, www.PIWPSC.org , we have GPS coordinates, directions, and an interactive map. very cool.

So once you're there, shooting will start at 10:00, we are going to try for 5 stages, I want to tease you with a stage one of our guys designed, "Temple of Doom" you get the picture, very tough.

We will do a classifier for those who need one. Bring your A game!

We are oping to have enough RO's for open squadding, that worked SO well at the fund-raiser for Brad, otherwise we'll have squad sgnup sheets there.

We are looking into providing hamburgers and a pop for a couple bucks, we are looking for a volunteer to cook!

I have not figured the round count, but it should be around 100 or so.

OK, here's the fun part! We're gonna do an optional side contest, to see who has a fast draw. So from a position, draw to 2-A's. We'll have fun with it $1 a try and the top three places takes a split, you can go as many times as you want.

Look forward to seeing you all, if you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 507 358-1917, I'll try not to fall off the roof when I answer.
-Harmon
What does MIM stand for, Made in Mexico?
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." -Robert A. Heinlein
harmonii

Postby RobT » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:23 pm

Harmon-
Thanks for putting on a great match. Temple of Doom and Shazam were a blast.

Rob
RobT

Postby harmonii » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:36 pm

Rob,

Yeah, agreed, I had a blast, we had some excellent help, Phil B, Dave G., Dan M., and Darcy and Dave S. all helped set up on Friday and Saturday morning. Kel helped in the Am as well. Rick came out to help setup and break down and didn't even shoot, that man needs his 8 hours of sleep though.

Luke, Darcy, and Dave designed the COF's. Luke couldn't be there due to work which was a bit sad. Dave's "Temple of Doom I", what can I say, we'll be doing that one again! Can't hardly wait to see version 2!

Weather was fantastic, and we had alot of other help throughout the day and for break down it was a group effort.

I hope we can continue to inspire more of our young club's members to try designing courses. It really is fun to see what they come up with. We do need more 'stuff' to shoot at, hopefully that will come.

-Harmon

PS: Oh, and the "Quick Draw" contest, that was an inspired bit of thinking, the guy who thought it won it, bragging rights go to Phil Bailey, 0.78 seconds I think? RobT, you won your division I think too, 0.82?? wow.
I know there were others I'll post em when I get them.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." -Robert A. Heinlein
harmonii

Postby RobT » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:24 am

.089 is what it was I think, was hoping more Lim 10 shooters would have come. Pretty easy to get first when your the only one!!
regardless it was a blast and it was fun to watch Phil and Larry show us how it's done.

Thanks again for a great match.

Rob
RobT

Postby DAN HEFTA » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:16 pm

You guys do put on a great match I will try to attend more Saturday matches next year. The 90 miles one way kinda sucks though. Rob, you didn't have any competition but you did shoot pretty good, I think that you would have beat someone, if they would have showed up. :D
DAN HEFTA

Postby harmonii » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:59 am

haveta dig out the lim-10 gear I guess, show that boy how it's done!
harmonii

Return to Pine Island Practical Shooters