.22LR Division

Moderator: DanM

.22LR Division

Postby Kevcollins » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:31 pm

After several requests, we are intending to offer a .22LR division as part of our weekly shoots starting with the Season 1 opener on May 8. The purpose of this thread is to introduce the topic and solicit feedback. I realize that .22LR ammo is harder to find than most, but many have a pile of it. Enabling people to compete in such a division will allow them to use the ammo they may have and to compete more economically given the insane prices of ammo now.

Here are the basic rules we've identified:
  • A single .22LR Rimfire division
  • 10-round per mag limit
  • Any sights are allowed (open, red dot, etc)
  • Holster is preferred. If no holster is available, we will define a low-ready or table alternate start for stages. There may be a slight disadvantage to alternate starts to encourage the use of holsters.
  • Match entry fee will be the same as centerfire
  • The division will be scored locally but not submitted to USPSA--I don't yet have input from my Chief Scorer, so I'm not sure what gotchas wait for us here.
  • Although we'll do our best to set steel appropriately, steel will not be calibrated specifically for .22LR. The competitor and RO will have to ensure painting is done for scoring.
  • If steel activators are not activated by .22LR, the competitor will suffer the appropriate USPSA penalties
The bottomline is that while everyone will want to be competitive, .22LR will largely be done for fun. I look forward to it since I suspect it will be a blast and it may even bring some new faces to our events!

Ok...feedback?

Kevin
Kevcollins

Re: .22LR Division

Postby DanM » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:39 pm

I have some ideas on how to do the scoring, but none that strike me as particularly easy.
I'd be very interested to hear from those of you that are familiar with EZWS regarding how you would handle this.
I think there is also a possibility for PractiScore here, so any feedback on that idea would also be appreciated.
DanM

Return to Pine Island Practical Shooters