2013 PIPS Season is right around the corner!

Moderator: DanM

2013 PIPS Season is right around the corner!

Postby Kevcollins » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:13 pm

I just sent the following note to my full PIPS distribution list...

Winter won't quite go away but our first shoot of the season is right around the corner...so here we go!

Guns and More
First, however let me say...if you're looking for something to do on Saturday night (2/23), come join us for our annual fundraiser banquet at the Pine Island American Legion. As hard as it is to find guns right now, that reason alone should be enough to draw you. We'll have 15+ guns being raffled off along with silent auctions, prints, and special tables for the ladies and kids. And best of all--the money goes to a good cause...the club. With our new clubhouse, bays, and range we've definitely got lots of finishing work to do and lots of ways to use the fundraising. The fun starts at 6pm, entry is $15 and gets you into the main drawing (shotgun, grill, cash) with $5 more to get you dinner. Come join us for a night of fun--hope to see you there!

Winter Storm Shoot
Next week will bring our 6th annual Winter Storm Shoot and the very first event at the new clubhouse and the new bays. There are still several finishing touches to be done on the grounds but its 95% there. I hope the weather cooperates so we can have fun without tearing up the berms and grounds that has been seeded but not yet established. We spent the winter collecting many new props, walls, and stands and hope to deploy them into at least four and preferably five courses of fire with up to 150 rounds. More to follow on that topic. Our new entrance is temporary until the frontage road is finished. It is a former field drive located north 0.1 mi or so from the old drive. Direct turns into that entrance are available from the north or the south on Hwy 52.

Match setup will be Friday afternoon, starting at noon and we'll need all the help we can get since we'll be unpacking and finding props from the various storage containers in addition to setting up. Those of you that can attend, please respond and tell me when you can be there so I can plan assignments. The plan is to start shooting at 11am on Saturday with potentially some final setup that morning. More details to follow.

New Division for 2013
With the ammo shortage, none of us are exactly sure what this season will bring. We do have a number of regular shooters that use factory ammo--we'll have to see. In an attempt to help alleviate these issues, once our regular first season starts on 5/8, we are planning to allow a .22lr rimfire division. I recognize .22lr is harder to get than most anything else...other than maybe .223...but some people do have a pile of it. I will start a thread on the PI forum to discuss the details--look there for more information.

Looking forward to a great 2013 season.

Kevin
Kevcollins

Re: 2013 PIPS Season is right around the corner!

Postby Kevcollins » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:40 pm

Ok, we're off to a good start. I have to correct an error below and I've been asked to clarify a couple of points:

• The banquet referenced below is 3/23 (not 2/23 as in my typo below).
  • The winter storm shoot is still scheduled for 3/30 as shown on the MNUSPSA and PIWPSC calendars. Setup is Friday 3/29 at noon per below.
  • The referenced PI forum is the Pine Island Practical Shooters forum located at mnuspsa.org
Kevcollins

Return to Pine Island Practical Shooters