5-16-2012 Scores

Moderator: DanM

5-16-2012 Scores

Postby DanM » Thu May 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Scores have been posted:
http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-matc ... ?indx=4734
http://www.combinedresults.info/index.php/match/4734

This was, by far, the worst match I have ever scored in terms of messed up scoresheets. Just a few of the issues:
(1) 19+3+1+1 does not, in any known form of arithmetic, equal 32.
(2) There are numbers at the top of each section of the score sheet. These correspond to the shooting bays. When you are shooting in Bay 1, enter your scores in Stage 1, not Stage 3. When you discover that you accidentally did this once, don't continue to do it in the name of consistency. One fubar score sheet is much better than an entire squad of fubar score sheets.
(3) The sub-total box in the M column is not where you write the total number of hits. That's what the "Total Hits" box is for.

The responsibility for the accuracy of the score sheet ultimately lies with the shooter, not the score keeper. When you are finished shooting and are asked to sign your score sheet, please take a few seconds to add up your hits and make sure all of the numbers are correct. When I finally snap and start randomly issuing zeroes, it will be to the shooter, as theirs is the only name I have.

If you are a new shooter and are already volunteering to act as score keeper -- THANK YOU! Please do not be discouraged by this rant and please do not hesistate to ask someone if you're unsure of how to fill out the score sheet. We can use all the help we can get (especially if you know basic arithmetic) and will be more than happy to help.

dwm
DanM

Re: 5-16-2012 Scores

Postby Zerwas » Sat May 19, 2012 7:51 am

I have to tell you that I got a kick out of reading your post. :lol: As a person who has scored for MAPSA for a couple of years, I can tell you there is nothing more time consuming than to interpret scoring sheets and figuring out what the intent of the shooter was. :evil:

People, take the 3.2 milliseconds and fill out the score sheets right and help Dan out. :P
People just don't realize how frustrating it can be scoring these matches, unless you have been there and done that.

Thanks for posting that Dan.
Zerwas

Return to Pine Island Practical Shooters